Wednesday, June 16, 2010

to Tibet & back

i went
and came back in a piece
i still owe cosmicfavourite a blog post which i have yet to shorten it from my journal
and a blog post for myself to remember that i came back alive
but work has been such a bitch since my return
and it refuses to let me sit down and rephrase myself
damn it
pictures first!





羊卓雍錯(Yamdrok Lake) is one of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet. It is over 72 km (45 miles) long. Around 90 km to the west of the lake lies the Tibetan town of Gyantse and Lhasa is a hundred km to the northeast. According to local mythology, Yamdok Yumtso lake is the transformation of a goddess.














納木錯(Namtso Lake) lies at an elevation of 4,718 m, and has a surface area of 1,870 square kilometres. It is the highest salt lake in the world, and largest salt lake in the Tibet Autonomous Region.

No comments: