Tuesday, September 19, 2006

caution warning : this post will make more sense, if you are chinese literate
for those who are not, go home and repent why didn't you learn chinese along the way you grew up...

have you ever wonder why your parents gave you the name that you are having now?
what i meant here is my chinese name ya

well...
i did
what my dad told me was

"actually, not many choices for your name, because ler, the first two words are already fixed,
so basically, all i needed to do was just figure out the last word.... well, since we already had a theme for all the girls's names, all i needed to do was just to find out the right word to match it, our theme was plant... ( ???? ) "

walaar~~~
dadadada~
i ended up with this name
i used to hate my name so much when i was a kid
if you chinese literate
you will understand what i mean


saw that?
writing a word like that for a 7 years old kid
is actually very torturing ok?
look at how many strokes it has
16 freaking strokes!!!
that's why
i'll always write the first two words of my name
which ended up me getting lotsa spanking from the teacher
she will then require me to write more of my name...
oh lord..
have mercy of a innocent and helpless kid...

anyways
my bro got married last year
so we were actually discussing
of what his children's names will be
as you know
my surname is lim, 林
and according to the family tree
my bro's offspring will be bearing the middle name 良
but my bro thought that it's gonna be a terrible idea to follow
so he can be opened to more options

林老柏 is quite a nice name right?
he said....
i was stunned at that moment
i say why??
here got people put the word old in their names??
he was then laughing like a mad man
then i realise
if you read the name in hokkien
it's pronounciation means your father...
what a terrible dad he can be...

the possibilities are endless...
林老母 means your mother
林水 means drink water
michael lim means stop drinking
林司娃means drink until die
eugene lim means really drink
carmen lim means drink slowly
cole lim means still can drink?

ok lar...
just a few examples...
so parents out there
just becareful when you name your child ya
don't let them end up like me...
hating my own name...


so call me earthkid now
or earthkid da great lagi best...
thanks~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

earthkid da great~~~~
ke ke.... "jiao shuang "

earthkid said...

nvm..jiao shuang me oso hapy..yeah~i'm earthkid da great~

Anonymous said...

got a colleague named Nelson Tan >> bird lay egg

earthkid said...

hahaha...so if it's jason tan it becomes chicken lay egg